Additional Services
Turnaround Time

This is my 10th cross country move with national van lines, and it was the worst one ever.The sales guy was great (of course) and the move coordinator (MC) started out great, but the local contractors on both ends were awful.

On the load day, the guys were four hours late, which caused it to stretch into a two day load. The lead guy told me that day that it is illegal (yes, he said that) to move into CO without all your furniture shrink wrapped, and so I agreed that he should shrink wrap everything to the tune of close to $700 extra. I called my MC to confirm, but couldn't reach her. The second day only the lead guy showed up, and it almost stretched into a third day (with me in a HOTEL with a dog trying to leave town!).

I had been given a five day window, so I jumped in my car and drove cross country in two days, but my truck did not leave with me. In the meantime, the MC confirmed that it is not actually ILLEGAL to fail to shrink wrap, so I asked her to address that and remove that bogus charge. I am now living in an empty house on an air mattress with my dog. At one point - and after my window had passed - when I was trying to find out where my stuff was, the same lead guy told me it was sitting at the dock in my old state, waiting for another load going my direction to fill up the truck (!).

He threatened me that they would just keep my stuff if I wasn't happy about the delay. When it finally arrived, 8 days after the window, I got 12 hours notice, and no confirmation of the amount owed in advance. A different set of guys unloaded, and while they were at least polite, they ripped a louvered door out of the hinges, and only pretended to fix it, they did not have an answer about the charge for the shrink wrap, and after they left I found FOURTEEN heavy boxes clearly marked BASEMENT buried in the garage behind other boxes - images of 10 of them sitting in the garage are attached and see the stickers! I had to hire someone to move them downstairs.

I have called my MC three times about the shrink wrap issue and she says she will return my call but does not. I am not exaggerating when I say this was the worst move ever.

I will never ever use them again, nor will I ever use a company that contracts out for labor like this.Once they have your money, they just don't care.

Review about: All State Van Lines Long Distance Moving Service.

Reason of review: Bullet points 1, 2, 3, 5.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Failure to return calls, Lies told by load supervisor, Threats from load supervisor, Heavy boxes clearly marked basement put in garage, Damage to my property.